Cllr Awards 2022 is approaching and nominations open soon!
We are looking forward to gathering together to celebrate councillors and all that they do for our communities. Check back for updates on the event soon.
Congratulations to the 2021 LGIU & CCLA Cllr Awards winners!
The Cllr Awards, in partnership with CCLA, is the only national awards ceremony that celebrates the vital work of individual councillors across England, Wales and Scotland who make a difference in our communities.
The winners at the 4th annual Cllr Awards in Scotland were unveiled on Wednesday, 24 November at Glasgow City Chambers.
The winners at the 12th annual Cllr Awards in England and Wales were revealed on Wednesday, 1 December at Camden Council, 5 Pancras Square, London.
- Cllr Kevin Etheridge – Caerphilly County Borough Council
- Cllr Angeliki Stogia – Manchester City Council
- Cllr Paul Bell – Lewisham Council
- Cllr Georgia Gould – Camden Council
- Cllr Sheila Peacock – Haringey Council
- Cllr Paulette Hamilton – Birmingham City Council
- Cllr Amy Heley – Brighton and Hove City Council
This year’s Awards are only possible thanks to the generous support of our founding partners CCLA.
CCLA is a leading specialist fund manager for local authorities and charities. When they began sponsoring the Cllr Awards they had 22 local authority client accounts. Today they have over 700 and this number is growing every month. CCLA are owned by their clients – their mission is to serve the whole sector, regardless of size.
- Cllr Claire Leitch – East Ayrshire Council
- Bailie Jacqueline McLaren – Glasgow City Council
- Cllr Susan Aitken – Glasgow City Council
- Bailie Willie Sawers – Dundee City Council
- Cllr Jackie McCamon – Dumfries and Galloway Council
- Cllr Euan Jardine – Scottish Borders Council
Are you a member of LGIU?
Founded in 1983 and now operating as LGIU England & Wales, LGIU Scotland, LGIU Ireland and LGIU Australia, we work for and with local authorities around the world, helping them to serve their citizens more effectively. We provide the unrivalled intelligence and support that local government needs every day and drive forward the ideas and solutions needed to provide sustainable public services in the future. Find out more.
Rules & Judging
Councillors may not nominate themselves and nominations for Town/Parish councillors are not accepted. The full list of Cllr Awards rules can be found here.
The winner for each award will be chosen by our judging panel, comprised of senior local government experts.
For any press enquiries related to Cllr Awards, please contact us.