Please note. No CV’s or cover letters accepted. To apply for this role please download and complete the job application form using the link here)
Working For: LGiU International Ltd
Salary: £24,000 to £28,000 (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
We require a Membership Data and Insight Coordinator for LGIU.
You will be responsible for creating, maintaining and updating our member records in our Association Management software (CiviCRM). You will also work with our membership team and the rest of our staff to ensure they use the system to best effect.
We are looking for someone with experience of maintaining databases and large mailing lists who can also relate well to our members, handling member inquiries and ensuring members are getting the most from our services.
We need your help to turn that data into membership insight. Using your excellent understanding of data and your ability to present information accurately and compellingly, you will help our management team make better decisions about member services, content and engagement. Alongside regular reporting, you will work with other team members to take deep dives into our data to help us understand and improve member engagement.
- Maintaining and updating membership records.
- Ensure the system is accurately processing applications, renewals and resignations and integrating with other core systems (e.g. communications, content management and mailing).
- Collecting data, tracking membership statistics, and preparing reports.
- Support team members to use our membership database effectively in recording, searching and reporting on membership data.
- Create regular reports for performance and management review.
- Work with team members to take deep dives into our data to support strategic decision making and service enhancement.
- Resolve member and subscriber account inquiries as required.
As a key member of the Membership arm of LGiU you will also work with the team to:
- Establish workflows and enhancements to the CRM.
- Gather and organise information that supports our work with members.
- Support annual and bespoke surveys of membership.
- Work with the content team to develop insight on how members are using our materials.
- Support the membership team to develop and implement strategies to recruit new members.
- Coordinate with the accounting department to track membership revenue.
- Work with our events and training teams to organise and present data around events and activities for existing and prospective members.
Person specification – key skills and experience
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in supporting member management, sales, or recruitment through data management.
- Experience with customer relationship management and mailing list software (required), experience with CiviCRM, WordPress and Mailchimp highly desirable.
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficiency in statistics.
- Good ability to present information visually.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative.
- Highly organised.
The role: This is a permanent full time position (35 hours per week) working for LGiU International with a salary of between £24,000 to £28,000 pa depending on experience. We are committed to making sure our staff are paid more than the Living Wage. We offer the Nest pension plan.
Location: This position is mostly remote based with occasional office attendance.
Flexible working: We support flexible working arrangements to promote a healthy work life balance so if you have a preferred working pattern, we’ll do everything we can to accommodate it.
Holiday: You’ll get a very generous holiday allowance of 30 days per year plus bank holidays, well above the UK average.
Health and wellbeing: LGiU provide support through our corporate Health Assured membership, which includes free confidential counselling sessions and other mental health resources.
Learning: There are loads of opportunities to learn more about local government policy and politics and to develop your skills. You’re free to attend any of our learning and development sessions and we support staff to upskill through attending events and courses and through further study.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities, sexualities, gender identities and ages. If you have a disability for which you need adjustments in the interview process or the role itself, please let us know so we can make sure you’re able to participate fully.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Wed 13th April. Interviews will take place on Tues 26th and Wed 27th April. We will invite all shortlisted candidates to complete a technical exercise. The successful candidate will start as soon as possible, depending on their notice period.
Please note, no CVs or cover letters accepted. To apply for this role, please complete the job application form using the link at the top of the advert and email to email@example.com for the attention of Debra Stanislas, Office Manager.