Share your stories and ideas
We’re always happy to hear from our Members and readers. Let us know what you’d like for us to cover in our members’ only briefings, share your story on our blog, or let us know if you have an idea for LGIU’s podcast.
Make a suggestion:
Let us know what we should cover. Please use the form below to share suggestions and ideas with us.
Blog post submission guidelines:
We want to share interesting practice and opinion by local government elected officials and paid staff from around the world. We are looking for stories about your problems and solutions, focused on the local context, but with lessons, learning and inspiration for practitioners in other places. You can submit a case study of work you’ve already done or maybe a problem that you’re working on now or a common challenge that’s facing local government.
- We’re looking for original content that’s never been published elsewhere. If you would like to repost something, please make sure to let us know that and that the author and original platform are ok with it being republished and share the link to the original post.
- Focus on practice, not partisan politics. Of course local government is political, but avoid being partisan.
- We recommend blog posts be between 400 and 1200 words.
- Use a friendly and informal tone.
- If you want to submit a picture, please make sure to include attribution and that image is either copyright free or you have the creator’s permission.
- Include an author bio of about 50-75 words with the job title that you’d like to see displayed.
Some past submissions
Officers in Waltham Forest shared examples of their work engaging with their communities during the pandemic.
Cllr Trish Robertson shared information about Highland Council’s transportation strategy.
Longford County Council received an award for its innovative use of technology and shared their success.