Reviewing the big 3 financial reports effectively
This online training gives councillors and officers a thorough grounding in the key financial reports that Councils publish each year.
The course looked at:
- Understanding of the financial planning and control process at their council.
- Understanding the structure of their council’s financial planning and control reports.
- Begin to formulate lines of questioning on key local issues and concerns highlighted through their review of these key council documents.
Written by Ian Fifield, this guide for councillors is also useful reference guide for officers wanting to understand local government finance.
Want to learn more about local government finance? Register for the next session(s):
- budget setting – 20-Jul-23
We repeating our local government finance workshops later in the – see below for details:
- an introduction to local government finance – 4-Oct-23
- reviewing the Big 3 finance reports – 1-Nov-23
- budget setting – 7-Dec-23
Our finance training is part of our Build your own curriculum, which includes training on:
- communication essentials
- being an effective councillor
- management fundamentals (for new or existing managers).
Pick and mix any three courses from our build-your-own curriculum and get an LGIU certificate.
Did you know that we can tailor a training session just for your organisation? Check out our in-house training programme for the customisable courses we can bring your team or elected members.
Sign-up to the LGIU
to find out more on local government within the UK and around the world.