In this episode, Ingrid Koehler speaks with Cllr Martin Tett, leader of the new unitary Buckinghamshire Council, about the process of local government reorganisation and leading a newly-formed council through the pandemic. Jonathan Carr-West and Ingrid also discuss the latest LGIU and local government news as well as local government portmanteaus and neologisms.
Hosted by Jonathan Carr-West and Ingrid Koehler
Links mentioned in the show:
- Hydrogen as a clean energy carrier: introduction and opportunities for local authority climate action
- Online training: How to tackle the climate emergency as a smaller council
- The future of cities: urban governance in a post-pandemic world
- Devometrics: How to Measure Decentralisation? A Review of the Literature and more from the Local Democracy Research Centre.
- Avoiding financial failure and providing stability for English councils
- ELGL’s #CityHallSelfie Day (13 August)