This one day programme has been developed for Officers whose role includes designing and delivering training for Elected Members.
Suitable for both experienced and less experienced presenters, the programme is full of detailed advice and guidance which will support officers in the design and delivery of Member training.
The programme covers face-to-face delivery as well as advice and guidance on running virtual training sessions.
Below you’ll find the presentation and additional information to download from the workshop that you attended on ‘How to Design and Deliver Training to Elected Members’.
Download the following:
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Scope of a training programme based on the learners’ needs
- Write objectives and session plans
- Use different training methods to appeal to different learning styles
- Plan learning activities
- Develop PowerPoint and support materials
- Open the session confidently
- Use positive non-verbal behaviour to demonstrate confidence
- Present information clearly, using voice and tonality to emphasise key points
- Use audiovisual equipment and PowerPoint
- Manage participation
- Manage time within the session
- Close the session positively.