This 3-hour online session aims to improve the way you chair both online, hybrid and in-person meetings and techniques to improve how you manage participation. The first part of the session will look at online meetings and understanding the technology and processes.
Below you’ll find downloads to the presentations and other information from the workshop that you attended on advanced chairing.
Downloads available here:
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
The first part, it will enable you to:
- Identify the adapted skills and approaches needed for the effective chairing of an online meeting
- Develop a meeting protocol
- Chair effectively using specific techniques and approaches.
- Each delegate will receive a comprehensive handout.
The second part of the session then looks at how to manage participation at meetings and will look at:
- Creating an environment that encourages participation
- Using techniques to encourage quieter meeting members to input into discussions
- Interrupting over-talkative participants
- Setting and using ground-rules
- Managing conflict confidently.