Happy New Year! For the first edition of 2024, we’re looking back at some of our highlights from the past twelve months.
And Finally... 5 January 2024
Our weekly round-up for everyone in local government.
Brought to you by the LGIU (Local Government Information Unit).
A not-for-profit, non-partisan membership organisation.
Happy new year! For the first edition of 2024, we're looking back at some of our highlights from the past twelve months.
LGIU Top Three Highlights of 2023
LGIU@40: For the future of local government
Cllr Awards 2023
Global Local magazine
Was this email forwarded to you?
Sign up for a free website account to access a host of resources for everyone interested in effective local government. If your council is an LGIU member – you can access everything!
A snapshot of 2023
Most-read member-only briefings of 2023
1. 20-minute neighbourhoods: how does it work for rural communities?
2. The role of councils in integrated care systems
3. 5 years of the Homelessness Reduction Act: has it made a difference?
4. Closing the loop – lessons on making a circular economy work locally
5. Anyone at home? Second homes and holiday lets in the UK
Most-read articles of 2023
1. Interview: Oxfordshire County Council, pioneers in local climate action
2. Community action to tackle violence against women and girls
3. Fibre force: how councils bring faster broadband to rural areas
4. Five things I learned from a failed social care tech project
5. How Kirklees Council’s pioneering Democracy Friendly Schools programme is inspiring young people to get involved in local democracy
Most popular podcast episode
More 2023 reflections
The Local Democracy Research Centre review of 2023
Global Local Roundup 2023
Is there anything you'd like us to cover?
Drop us an online suggestion
Our favourite 'And Finally' story of the year
Brisbane calls for 10,001 kazoo players to set new world record
This story comes from Australia Daily News.
Daily News is an LGIU member-only service that keeps you connected to all the local government stories in the national and regional
LGIU membership gives you so much more
We hope you have enjoyed this newsletter. You will have noticed that some of the links take you to member-only content or events – there is so much to be gained from the LGIU by becoming a member.
Member-only resources include in-depth policy briefings, daily local government news updates, exclusive policy events and discounts on training. Find out more about LGIU membership and join the many councils and public sector organisations who are part of our network.
Copyright © 2023 LGiU, All rights reserved.
You have been sent this email because you signed up to receive local government content from the LGIU.
Our mailing address is:
LGiU 251 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9NG, United Kingdom
Add us to your address book
Want to change how you receive these emails? Why not update your preferences to pick and choose the type of alerts you receive. You can unsubscribe from this list (but doing so will mean that you will not receive any content from us, including LGiU daily news and other LGiU policy briefings).