The past five years have been particularly difficult for local government – taking on the task of being a councillor can often feel challenging and overwhelming. This award will recognise a new councillor who was first elected during the last election cycle and who has contributed significantly to their community and council during their time in office.
The councillor who wins this category will:
- be a councillor who was first elected in 2017 or later;
- demonstrate a commitment to working for the community using council structures;
- have contributed to or delivered a key council project which benefits residents.
Successful submissions should:
- provide clear examples of work or projects they have carried out;
- focus on how they have gone above and beyond their statutory role.