Making the most of your LGIU membership
Like us, your council believes that local government is at its best when it is informed, engaged and connected, so they joined the LGIU.
The full range of our services are freely available to you and all of your colleagues at the council.
What you need, when you need it
This is your LGIU – use our extensive resources, get involved in our research, share your stories and experience with us and the LGIU local government community.
The practical support, on tap, that council staff and elected representatives need for their jobs every day.
Register on our website with your work email address or sign in if you already have a website account, to make the most of all these services:
- in-depth policy briefings
- country-specific daily news roundups
- case study bank
- analysis and commentary
- access to our local government experts.
Browse our forthcoming training sessions or speak to Training Co-ordinator Barry O’Brien about your requirements. As a member you benefit from:
- a 25% member discount on all LGIU training – a programme catering specifically to the needs of local government staff and elected representatives, delivered by sector experts.
- Opportunities to be involved with our Local Democracy Research Centre’s original research. Our members drive what we do, ensuring the real world applications are always at the forefront of projects. Find out more about current projects or contact Head of Research Andrew Walker.
- A global network of local government professionals and other stakeholders coming together to collaborate, share and innovate. Catch up on our Global Local bulletins.
- Supportive and productive networks for exploring the challenges and emerging opportunities in an ever changing local government policy landscape. Get in touch to secure your invitation to our next event.
- A voice for the international local government community, which grows stronger with each new member.