How are councils planning and working to deliver recovery? What will recovery look like? Jonathan Carr-West and Ingrid Koehler discuss the LGIU’s Post Covid Councils work including the latest strand on sustainable development and how you can get involved. We also speak to Councillor Gavin Callaghan, Leader of Basildon Council, about how they’ve been dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, their plans for recovery and how the organisation of local government is affecting the data and the delivery.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Post-Covid councils – our strategic framework for thinking about the next stages of local governance and public service delivery. Signposts ways for you to get involved.
- Our latest strand Sustainable futures sets out ways that we can support a fairer, greener new normal and links to an online event in August 2020.
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
- Email email@example.com with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.