With the general election looming, we hear from councillors who’ve been out on the doorstep. Cllr Abi Brown, Leader of Stoke-on-Trent, and Cllr Michael Payne, Deputy Leader of Gedling and Chair of LGiU, tell us what this election could mean for local government, what should be prioritised by the new Government and how councils can help tackle un-democratic behaviour.
Plus the highlights from our recent member-only content, including our General Election bundle and manifesto briefings.
Hosted by Andrew Walker with interviews by @Ingrid Koehler. Tweet us @LGiU.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly/tracks
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Content Bundle: GE2019
- Blog: Can we see the future of localism in election manifestos?
- Project: Dispatches From The Doorstep
- Contact Andrew Walker to get involved in the Placeshaping project
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.