LGiU has been covering the Brexit negotiations from a local government perspective for the last two years – as the finish line approaches, what have we learnt and what should councils be doing to prepare for the impending change? And following the second meeting of LGiU’s Homelessness Commission, we discuss how homelessness is impacting upon young people.
Plus coverage of recent member-only briefings on dog fouling, housing & planning and loneliness, as well as news stories about care home quality, mental health and ‘how GDPR stole Christmas’.
Hosted by Jonathan Carr-West and Andrew Walker.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- BRIEFING: Swift Read: Dog fouling – a blight on the pavement
- BRIEFING: Housing and planning round-up November 2018
- BRIEFING: A connected society: A strategy for tackling loneliness
- LONG READ: Report: Brexit and local government – the story so far