A thriving community is what everyone in local government aspires to create and that’s exactly what Ingrid found in the beautiful Welsh town of Llandrindod Wells. Hear about the community orchard run by Transition Llandrindod, the life of a Town Crier, the Victorian Festival and how to run a community cafe. We also discuss the turbulent national political picture, making (foolhardy) predictions about next week’s spending round.
Plus our regular roundup of daily news stories, including heating Islington using waste energy from the tube, declining health and safety prosecutions, Sheffield’s committee system bid, South Norfolk’s new alpaca herd and a mystery bus shelter renovation in Stroud.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Briefing: Building stronger communities: a new government framework
- Climate Change month – special briefing series
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.