Homelessness is one of our society’s most intractable issues and one that has been at the top of the political agenda for several years. This week LGiU’s local government-led Homelessness Commission launched its final report. We discuss its recommendations on how to accelerate progress towards ending homelessness.
And it would be remiss of us not to mention the race for the PM title, so we give our key asks from the UK’s next leader.
Plus our regular roundup of LGiU’s recent member-only policy briefings, and the highlights from our Daily News emails including the 2-year anniversary of the Grenfell Tower tragedy, declining housing affordability for teachers and nurses, new ‘green’ trains to run on unprofitable routes and light-hearted stories from Bradford and Southend in ‘And Finally’.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- LGiU Homelessness Commission 2019: Final Report
- Briefing: Perspectives on local government funding
- Briefing: Housing and planning round-up June 2019
- Briefing: Launch of the IFS Inequality Review (the Deaton Review)
- Briefing: West Midlands Local Industrial Strategy
- Briefing: Creating a challenge culture? New statutory guidance on overview and scrutiny
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.