Jonathan Carr-West and Ingrid Koehler catch you up on the latest developments at LGIU. Plus, there is a new interview with Danil Mikhailov, an expert on misinformation who talks about the prevalence of misinformation in our communities, democracy and public health conversations and what councils can do about it. We also hear a snippet from our recent homelessness webinar, which featured Dame Louise Casey as a guest speaker. Finally, we announce the opening of nominations for Cllr Awards and talk about what’s next for our Post-Covid Councils work.
Links mentioned in this podcast:
- Our revised Homelessness bundle with links to the full video recording of the event ft. Dame Louise Casey
- Can we make rough sleeping a thing of the past? from Phil Woolas
- Post-Covid Councils – our strategic framework for thinking about the next stages of local governance and public service delivery. Signposts ways for you to get involved.
- Our latest strand ‘Sustainable Futures’ sets out ways that we can support a fairer, greener new normal and links to an online event in August 2020.
- Democracy Deferred workstream which covers misinformation.
- Cllr Awards information and nomination forms.
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
- Email [email protected] with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.