In this week’s closer look, we see how local government can get its story straight through better media management. We speak with Robin Latchem and Sophie Willett about the decline in local coverage, what the BBC is trying to do turn that around and how we can get important messages out to our local communities. Plus highlights from the LGiU Daily News service and more great content for LGiU Members and Followers.
Hosted by Jen Glover and Andrew Walker. Featuring an interview with Sophie Willett and Robin Latchem by Ingrid Koehler.
Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly/tracks
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- LGiU Fortnightly listener survey
- Bundle: Local government around the world for Members and Followers
- On Your Radar February 2020 Member only briefing
- Is local government now getting more coverage in the media? – Member only briefing
- Engaging with the media is crucial to restore faith in local government.
- Workshop event: Techniques for engaging with local and national media. June 2020
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.