Answer: They all tell a story about public trust, our pet topic for 2018! This week we look at our Daily News stories and recent LGiU work through the lens of trust, from overzealous parking enforcement and fractious community relations during estate regeneration projects, to the spectre of ‘fake news’ and how Russian bots wrought havoc of the Star Wars franchise.
In this vein, Ingrid speaks to Paul Simpson about our joint workshop series on engaging communities in estate regeneration projects and the importance of building a resilient and longterm foundation of trust.
Plus other stories about Gove’s new recycling plans, ziplines in the Lake District and oddly expensive leather chairs.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- BRIEFING: Disinformation and fake news: the state of play
- BLOG: Regeneration and engagement: a call for case studies
- Star Wars and Fake News
- Email email@example.com with community engagement case studies
- LGiU members get in touch to tell us your ideas for LGiU’s 2019 policy work – email firstname.lastname@example.org