Plus a taster from our latest member-only briefings on New Towns and the Spending Round, and highlights from our Daily News service. Featuring stories on Extinction Rebellion protesting council infrastructure projects, Portsmouth’s proposed clean air charge, warnings about declining SEND provision, Islington’s fur trade ban and an ‘immersive fire garden’ in NE Lincolnshire.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Briefing: Spending Round 2019 – Headlines from the Chancellor’s speech
- Briefing: Spending Round 2019: Analysis
- Briefing: The Meaning of a ‘No-Deal’ Brexit
- Briefing: New Towns, Next Chapter
- Blog: Wellbeing for councillors: keeping safe and happy this autumn
- Guide: Personal safety for councillors
- Report: Local Finance Taskforce: A roadmap to a sustainable future
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.