LGiU Fortnightly is our new podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.
Ingrid reports live from Democracy Club’s election data hackathon, where volunteers helped citizens access the information they need to make informed voting decisions. Later, Jonathan joins us to discuss the ‘dark side’ of data exposed by the recent Cambridge Analytica scandal and what this means for local politics. Plus our regular roundup of local government news, recent LGiU briefings and events.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links to topics mentioned in the podcast:
BRIEFINGS [Member’s only]:
- PIP and ESA Assessments: Work and Pensions Committee Reports
- The Integrated Communities Strategy Green Paper
- A Green Future: Our 25 Year Plan to improve the environment
- Viewpoint: How long can councils sustain the financial juggling act?
- Hacking, persuasion and the local elections
- LE2018: The ones to watch
- Local Government Flood Forum: 20 April 2018
- Seminar: Being an Effective Councillor: Time Management and Effectual Coping Skills
- Seminar: Effective Communication Series: Giving effective speeches and presentations
- Seminar: Being an effective councillor: influencing skills