Brexit is already a reality in local government – chief executives are engaging with preparations on a daily basis and have allocated the equivalent of 1-3 full time staff to these activities. Hear more results from our latest survey, in which we asked UK council chief executives all about how they’re planning for Brexit. We also announce the shortlist for our annual Cllr Achievement Awards and discuss exciting new website features launching for LGiU members next week!
Plus our regular roundup of member-only policy briefings and highlights from our Daily News emails, including Greater Manchester’s transport ambitions, Essex’s tree-planting work and Norwich winning the RIBA prize for their social housing.
Hosted by Jonathan Carr-West and Andrew Walker. Tweet us @LGiU.
- Listen on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/lgiu-fortnightly/tracks
- Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/lgiu-fortnightly/id1348770998
- Search “LGiU Fortnightly” in your podcast app
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Local government’s Brexit preparations: the Chief Executive view
- Health, public health and social care round up: September 2019
- Cllr Achievement Awards 2019 Shortlist
Email email@example.com with stories you’d like to feature in the podcast.
LGiU Fortnightly is LGiU’s in-house podcast, bringing you the latest news from the world of local government. We update you on the key events from the past fortnight, as well as news from us and our members, so you’re always in the loop. We’re always looking for more ways to bring you the information you need in a way that works around your busy schedule – let us know what you think by tweeting us @LGiU.