We offer membership to local government organisations across England & Wales, Scotland, Ireland and Australia. Our full services are available to all staff and councillors at a member organisation. Find out more about joining us by emailing Membership Co-ordinator Jack Lister.
Benefits of membership
LGIU is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation. Our resources, innovative research and connections are relied on by colleagues across the globe. LGIU membership is for the whole organisation; all elected representatives and staff at a member organisation have access to everything.
The practical support, on tap, that council staff and elected representatives need for their jobs every day, including:
- in-depth policy briefings
- country-specific daily news roundups
- case study bank
- analysis and commentary
- access to our local government experts
- a significant member discount on LGIU training – a programme catering specifically to the needs of local government staff and elected representatives, delivered by sector experts.
- Opportunities to be involved with our Local Democracy Research Centre’s original research. Our members drive what we do, ensuring the real world applications are always at the forefront of projects.
- A global network of local government professionals and other stakeholders coming together to collaborate, share and innovate.
- Supportive and productive networks for exploring the challenges and emerging opportunities in an ever changing local government policy landscape.
- A voice for the international local government community, which grows stronger with each new member.
If you are not from one of our membership countries, why not check out our Global Local subscription service, and connect with the best practice, innovation and thinking coming out of local government around the world.