This programme has been developed for Councillors who write advocacy letters on behalf of their constituents.
Full of practical tips and techniques, the programme covers:
- Being clear about your purpose in writing
- Identifying the right person to approach
- Planning and structuring key points
- Opening and closing the letter
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Refresher in grammar and punctuation.
Each delegate will receive a comprehensive handout.
|10 mins||Getting Started|
The Why and Who questions
Organising content and key points
|45 mins||The Body of the Letter|
Being clear about issues
|10 mins||Closing the Letter|
Being clear about next steps
|10 mins||What next?|
Following up on your letter
|5 mins||Session Review|
Summary, key learning points, feedback and close.