The success of organisations and individuals is increasingly dependent on effective communication of information both internally and externally. Making an impact and conveying your message clearly builds confidence and can help to achieve results. This is particularly the case given the impact of COVID-19 and continued reliance on online communication. This workshop reflects how we are having to learn new approaches and skills to present and manage our impact.
As with any form of presentation or public speaking for some it doesn’t come naturally, is a challenging experience and the impact of nerves can cause problems.
This workshop is designed to equip presenters with a fundamental range of skills that will enable them to make presentations professionally and confidently in a number of settings with a particular focus on using platforms such as Zoom and Teams. It focuses on aspects concerned both with content and process and gives practical tips to overcome any anxiety.
- Welcome and personal goals
- Managing our impact
- What makes presenting online different/online impact?
- Understanding and controlling nerves and anxiety
- The preparation process and checklist, becoming comfortable with the tech
- Structuring your presentation
- Using visual support and sharing online
- Identifying positive presenter behaviours face to face and online
- Improving confidence and maximizing charismatic impact
- Developing the impact of your voice – With some practice.