As part of our local elections support, this programme has been developed for participants who would benefit from the opportunity to reflect on the way they manage their own personal safety.
Based on a 75-minute session, the programme covers:
- Principles of personal safety
- Use of mobile telephones and technology
- Canvassing and home visits
- Trolls and cyber-bullies.
Each participant will receive a copy of the PowerPoint slides and links to a comprehensive LGiU Guide on Personal Safety.
Welcome (10 mins)
- Introduction to the session
- Programme objectives
- Quick hello and personal aims
Principles of Personal Safety (10 mins)
- Building a personal safety strategy
- Areas of vulnerability
- Staying safe against covid
Mobile Telephones and Technology (15 mins)
- Using your mobile telephone: important numbers
- Mobile personal safety apps
- Personal alarms
Canvassing and Home Visits (20 mins)
- Planning and preparation
- Tips and techniques for safe meetings
Trolls and Cyberbullying (15 mins)
- Tips for staying safe online
- Action to take
Session Review (5 mins)
- Summary of key points
- Delegate feedback and close.
NB: This session will be hosted on the Zoom video-conferencing platform.