This online session is being run for Members who would like an opportunity to develop the way they participate in online meetings.
The 90-minute programme covers:
- Preparing to speak
- Voice and tonality
- Personal confidence and gravitas
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Dress and personal presentation.
There will be small opportunities for Councillors who wish to practise their skills to speak during the session. No preparation is required.
A full set of support material will be provided including a comprehensive handout plus copies of the PowerPoint slides.
Welcome (10 Mins)
- Programme overview
- Introductions and objectives
Preparing to speak (15 mins)
- The challenges of speaking in online meetings
- Isolating key points
- Structuring information
Voice and Tonality (20 mins)
Non-Verbal Behaviour (20 mins)
- Open and closed body language
- Managing “leakage”
- Demonstrating personal confidence
- Head position and eye contact
Quick Practise (15 mins)
- Opportunity for those who choose to practise
Programme Review (10 mins)
- Summary of main points
- Delegate feedback