This is a highly interactive session that has been developed for Councillors and Officers who want to improve their ability to store and retain information.
During the programme, there are a number of practical activities which demonstrate the techniques being taught. At the close of the two hours, participants will be able to recall a list of 53 items, in a specific order.
- Understanding short and long-term memory functions
- Using memory techniques including chaining and word association
- Creating mindmaps for retention and creativity.
Each participant will receive copies of the slides and a handout.
Delegates are asked to bring some plain, unlined A4 paper to the session plus a pack of crayons or coloured pens.
· Programme overview
· Introductions and personal aims
|15 mins||An Introduction to the Brain|
· Short and long-term memory functions
· Secrets to a better memory
|60 mins||Memory Techniques|
· Basic word association
· Chaining and linking
· Mnemonics and touch-stone techniques
· Minimising barriers to retention
|25 mins||Mind Mapping|
· What is a mind map?
· Their uses
· Creating a mind map
· Activity and review
|10 mins||Session Summary|
· Key learning points
· Feedback and close.