The ability to manage conflict is an important skill for Councillors and this session will provide delegates with some ideas on how to defuse challenging situations.
The session will enable participants to:
- Identify some of the key underpinning motivators of behaviour
- Recognise early warning signs
- Avoid accelerating situations
- Use de-escalation techniques
- Stand their ground graceful
- Find win/win solutions.
Each delegate will receive a comprehensive handout.
This session is complemented by the “Personal Safety” programme, which focuses on tips and techniques for Councillors to improve their personal safety.
|10 mins||What Drives Behaviour?|
|35 mins||The Anger Graph|
|20 mins||Standing our Ground |
|5 mins||Session Review|