This two-part programme has been developed for Officers whose role includes designing and delivering training for Elected Members.
Suitable for both experienced and less experienced presenters, the programme is full of detailed advice and guidance which will support officers in the design and delivery of Member training.
The programme covers face-to-face delivery as well as advice and guidance on running virtual training sessions.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- Scope of a training programme based on the learners’ needs
- Write objectives and session plans
- Use different training methods to appeal to different learning styles
- Plan learning activities
- Develop PowerPoint and support materials
- Open the session confidently
- Use positive non-verbal behaviour to demonstrate confidence
- Present information clearly, using voice and tonality to emphasise key points
- Use audiovisual equipment and PowerPoint
- Manage participation
- Manage time within the session
- Close the session positively.
The workshop is divided into two parts. The first of these will focus on planning the programme, including the underpinning preparation which must be in place to support a successful presentation.
In the gap between Modules 1 and 2, delegates will be asked to prepare one part of their training session, ready to present in the second half of the course, which will be dedicated to presenting training – either on-line or in the physical classroom.
Module 1: How to Design and Deliver Training to Elected Members
Wednesday, 2 June 2021: 9:30-13:00
|9:45||Scoping a Training Session|
|11:45||Opening the Session|
Module 2: Presenting Information to Members
Wednesday, 16 June 2021: 9:30-13:00
|12:10||Closing your Session|
|12:30||Review of Programme|