This lively and interactive session aims to remove the jargon and complexity surrounding digital and technology, providing a solid foundation of knowledge for those in leadership positions to ensure their approach is the right one.
The workshop will focus on the strategic matters of importance when it comes to digital and transformation, giving attendees the confidence to challenge their organisations to make the most of the digital opportunity. Facilitated discussions will be held on:
- What digital really means for local authorities
- What leadership looks like in the digital age
- Understanding enough about the technology
- Setting your strategic vision
- Digital culture and skills
- Overseeing the delivery of digital transformation.
Each element of the programme will feature a short presentation to provide context and key information, followed by a discussion to aid understanding.
What digital really means for local authorities
- Defining ‘digital’
- How this affects local authorities
- Applying this to our own organisations
What leadership looks like in the digital age
- What are the characteristics of a digital leader?
- How can we start to embody these?
Understanding enough about the technology
- Why understanding some technology is important
- Key topics –
- Low code
- The state of local government software
Setting your strategic vision
- Do you even need a digital strategy?
- What to focus on in case you decide that you do
Digital culture and skills
- What are the elements of digital culture that will improve how your council works?
- What new skills and roles are needed to do digital work successfully?
Overseeing the delivery of digital transformation
- Should you have a formal digital programme, and how is that best run?
- How will you fund digital work and track outcomes?