This two-hour session has been developed for elected members and officers who feel they would benefit from developing their personal level of confidence.
Featuring a range of topics and ideas including tips for presenting a positive image, the session is suitable for anyone who is keen to learn new ways of thinking and behaving.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- Improve personal levels of confidence by developing positive thinking processes
- Choose confidence language
- Use positive non-verbal body language
- Project a confident tone of voice
- Remain confident in tricky situations.
Full copies of handouts and slides will be provided to all delegates.
Welcome and Introductions (10 mins)
- Session outline
- Personal aims
An Introduction to Confidence (15 mins)
- What is confidence?
- Why do some people appear more confident than others?
- What influences our levels of confidence?
The Internal Dialogue (15 mins)
- Tapes and self-limiting beliefs
- The behaviour stimulus
- Power of affirmations
Confidence and Congruence (45 mins)
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Voice and tonality
- Personal presentation
- Choice of language
Confidence under Challenge (25 mins)
- Tips for standing our ground gracefully
- Managing leakage and displacement
Programme Review (10 mins)
- Key learning points
- Evaluation and close.