An enlightening session that will equip delegates with the knowledge to successfully escape from high-risk situations when all other means of conflict resolution have failed. Facilitators of this event are drawn from an experienced team of criminal justice sector & LLB(Hons) practitioners.
Lively video demonstrations coupled with active discussion will address key anxieties providing a comprehensive and practical skill set.
Core subjects engage with:
- Street safety
- Avoidance techniques
- Disengaging from grabs to the clothing, arms and hands
- Escaping from grabs to the throat
- Successfully fleeing blindsided attacks
- Knife attacks.
- Context setting
- Underpinning philosophy and research
When communication fails
- Why can conflict resolution fail?
- What is the principal driver of assaultive behaviour?
The use of reasonable force
- The law
- Practical examples
- The ‘Noye’ test
- Verbal judo
- Low-level disengagement
- One & two-handed grabs Arm grabs
- Various scenarios Grabs around the throat Grabs from behind Consolidation.
- A counter-intuitive body mechanics approach that significantly reduces harm during spontaneous attacks.
You may also be interested in attending our personal safety session during the day as well.