An enlightening session that will equip delegates with the knowledge to successfully escape from high–risk situations when all other means of conflict resolution have failed. Facilitators of this event are drawn from an experienced team of criminal justice sector & LLB(Hons) practitioners.
Lively video demonstrations coupled with active discussion will address key anxieties providing a comprehensive and practical skill set.
Core subjects engage with:
- Street safety
- Avoidance techniques
- Disengaging from grabs to the clothing, arms & hands
- Escaping from grabs to the throat
- Successfully fleeing blindsided attacks
Upon successful participation, each delegate will be enrolled on the online refresher programme.
- Context setting
- Underpinning philosophy & research
When communication fails
- Why can conflict resolution fail?
- What is the principal driver of assaultive behaviour?
The use of reasonable force
- The law
- Practical examples
- The ‘Noye’ test
- Verbal judo
- Low-level disengagement
- One & two-handed grabs Arm grabs
- Various scenarios Grabs around the throat Grabs from behind Consolidation.