It is almost impossible to turn on the news or to read a newspaper without the mention of mental health and the recent Covid-19 outbreak has brought this topic into sharper focus.
This two-hour webinar has been designed to provide an introduction to mental health, with the aim of understanding more about some of the most commonly diagnosed disorders, as well as provide advice and guidance on how to support colleagues who have issues with their mental health.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Explain what is meant by mental health
- Identify some of the factors which influence mental health
- Describe some of the most commonly diagnosed mental health disorders
- Identify ways of supporting people who have issues with their mental health
- Examine ways to maintain personal mental health.
This is a highly participative and interactive webinar, which has been written and developed by Miranda Smythe, who delivers training in mental health for a number of charities locally and nationally.
Delegates are asked to complete a pre-webinar quiz beforehand. The answers to these and other questions will be covered during the session.