With social distancing during the Covid-19 pandemic, social media has become an absolutely vital channel for communicating with our communities and stakeholders. This course consists of three modules of one hour each which cover an introduction to using social media effectively, planning and managing your social media and using images and video effectively.
The three-course modules are:
Introduction to using social media effectively
Fri, 11 June 2021: 12:30-13:45
- Introduce the different social media channels and how they can be used to listen to and communicate with communities and stakeholders.
- Top tips for social media
- Good practice examples.
Planning and managing social media
Fri, 18 June 2021: 12:30-13:45
- Introduction to communications planning
- Using social media to broadcast and signpost
- Using social media to engage
- Social media management tools and social media analysis.
Using images and video effectively
Fri, 25 June 2021: 12:30-13:45
- Creating and using images
- Creating video
- Speaking and presenting for video.
A guide and other supporting materials will be available to all participants and a recording of the session will be emailed to all those who register.
Each session is designed to work as a stand-alone session but to maximise benefit we would encourage people to book all three and undertake suggested practical activities between sessions.