With so many people working from home and in more flexible ways managers are having to build on existing management skills and knowledge to adapt their approach. This shift is likely to be a constant going forward.
A positive approach and style coupled with effective communication are key but what about having to deal with the awkward performance issues that may arise?
This two-hour interactive online workshop is a chance to consider these questions and also to develop skills and new approaches going forward.
- Identifying the differences in managing home workers
- The relationship between trust and control and the implications in practice
- Being clear about expectations and focussing on outcomes
- Developing appropriate performance measures
- The Demands, Constraints and Choices model and the application of this to the delegates own teams
- Making communication choices
- Varying management style to suit the individual – The Situational Leadership model
- Supporting staff and your duty of care
- Addressing performance concerns