We provide free open data for everyone to use. By talking about what is available and how to access it, we hope to promote collaboration through data. Our role is to provide data and analysis that is used to improve decision making, stimulate research, and inform debate. We want to ensure that the data we collect today really does inform the future of Scotland.
This free event will cover a range of talks and demonstrations on topics ranging from:
- how we measure the progress of government in Scotland
- what’s available on Scotland’s official statistics open data platform and how to access it
- what geographical data we publish and share
- how Scotland’s population is changing and the implications of this
- some of the projects taking place using local health data.
- developing products and services around land and property data, to meet citizens’ and professionals’ information needs
Representatives from a number of organisations will be discussing their work at this event, including Scottish Government, National Records of Scotland, National Health Service, and Registers of Scotland. There will be plenty of time for contributions and questions from attendees and to discuss ideas or challenges you are facing.