Join us for a practical workshop that will equip you with the skills to write impactful briefings quickly and easily. This event is ideal for LGIU members who want to develop their confidence in writing policy briefings, executive summaries, and more. Our team of experts will share tips to help you identify key messages, structure your briefings, and use evidence and data to support your arguments. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with other council members, learn what they’re working on, and share your experiences. Don’t miss this chance to improve your writing skills and connect with like-minded professionals.
This event will take place from 4:00-6:00pm AEST / 7:00-9:00am BST
What you’ll learn:
- How to identify the key messages of your briefing
- How to structure your briefing in a way that is easy to follow
- How to use evidence and data to support your arguments
- How to edit and proofread your work
Who should attend
- Anyone who writes briefings, including officers, managers, and elected members
- Anyone who wants to improve their briefing writing skills
- Anyone who wants to learn how to write more impactful briefings
Your LGIU Trainer
|Miranda Smythe has 30 years of experience helping organisations (mainly local governments) identify learning gaps and develop tailored, creative strategies to address their goals. Miranda is also involved in local community development activities and provides mental health awareness sessions for many not-for-profit organisations. She is chair of a local homelessness charity and has been instrumental in developing and facilitating community leadership initiatives in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
What others are saying about LGIU training
“The How to write an impactful briefing session was very useful! As a newly appointed Planning Officer, it was a very helpful introduction and I’m sure will assist me in my role.”
– Danielle, from Orkney