This session is open exclusively to LGIU members. Not a member but interested in this briefing workshop? Reach out to us to explore how we can work with your organisation!
Learn how to write impactful briefings quickly and easily! This workshop is designed to give you the skills and confidence you need to write clear, concise, and persuasive briefings that are both informative and engaging. Bring an issue you are currently working on or writing about and let’s dive in!
What you’ll learn:
- How to identify the key messages of your briefing
- How to structure your briefing in a way that is easy to follow
- How to use evidence and data to support your arguments
- How to edit and proofread your work
Who should attend
- Anyone who writes briefings, including officers, managers, and elected members
- Anyone who wants to improve their briefing writing skills
- Anyone who wants to learn how to write more impactful briefings
Your LGIU Trainer
|Miranda Smythe has 30 years of experience helping organisations (mainly local governments) identify learning gaps and develop tailored, creative strategies to address their goals. Miranda is also involved in local community development activities and provides mental health awareness sessions for many not-for-profit organisations. She is chair of a local homelessness charity and has been instrumental in developing and facilitating community leadership initiatives in Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.|
What others are saying about LGIU training
“The breakout sessions with my colleagues were especially helpful as well as the handouts on the situational leadership model.”
– Bethan, from Cardiff