This programme has been developed for Councillors whose role involves public speaking, and who would like to develop their skills and confidence.
It is a highly practical and useful workshop which will involve some low-key and developmental skills practise which will enable participants to build their confidence in presenting information to groups.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Plan speeches and presentations using straightforward structures
- Use positive non-verbal communication when presenting
- Project their voice and sound confident and assured
- Use Power Point positively.
Because of the nature of this workshop, participant numbers will be limited to 8 people to ensure that we all have an opportunity to practise our skills.
Delegates are asked to bring any materials that they made need to refer to during a 5 minute presentation we will each be making in the afternoon. Preparation time has been built into the session so no pre-work is required.
09.30-10.00 Registration & Refreshments
- Programme objectives and overview
- Personal introductions and aims
10:15 -11.00 Getting Started
- Clarifying speech/presentation purpose
- Identifying audience needs
- Identifying and organising main points
- Using notes and handouts
11:00-12.30 Skills of Public Speaking
- Using INTRO
- How to introduce another speaker
- Voice and projection
- Non-verbal behaviour
- Managing and using nerves
13.30-15:00 Preparation Time and Skills Practise
- During this time we will carry out some low-key and informal practise
- Programme evaluation
- Key learning points