As part of its 2018 Programme for Government, the Scottish Government committed itself to beginning work on a vision of ow our homes and communities should look and feel in 2040 and the options and choices to get there.
Demographic change, new technology and the transition to a low carbon economy all have major implications for Scotland’s future housing landscape.
In the first of its “Futures” series of events looking at key sectors of the Scottish economy, leading Scottish PR, public affairs and design consultancy Orbit Communications is hosting a breakfast seminar to consider some of the key challenges and opportunities facing the Scottish housing sector over the next 25 years and beyond.
Concluding with an open discussion about the issues raised, the event will feature a panel of experts including:
- Alex Bruce, Director, Orbit Communications
- Louise Reid, Director, Centre for Housing Research, University of St. Andrews
- Ross Martin, Chair, Link Group Ltd.
- Amy Dougan, Business Development Manager, Hanover Scotland Housing Association
- David Smith, Director of Energy and Innovation (Scotland), D-Risk
Date: Tuesday, 12th March 2019
Time: Arrivals, breakfast and networking from 8am; 8.30am start; 10am finish
Venue: Wellcome West Room, Royal Society of Edinburgh, 22-26 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PQ