This session is part of our Global Local Executive Panel series. Explore more local solutions to global challenges – FREE for LGIU members.
Coastal communities face unique challenges and opportunities. In this session, we will discuss the various issues affecting coastal communities, including flooding, erosion, economic development, and levelling up. We will explore what local government can do to address these issues and support the development of sustainable coastal communities.
This event takes place from 8:30am – 10:00am GMT / 7:30pm – 9:00pm AEDT via Zoom
Key areas of exploration
- The unique challenges and opportunities facing coastal communities
- The impact of flooding and erosion on coastal communities and their infrastructure
- Strategies for managing the risks of flooding and erosion in coastal communities
- The importance of economic development in sustaining coastal communities
- The role of local government in levelling up coastal communities and supporting their economic development
- The importance of community engagement and partnership in addressing coastal issues
Graham Farrant, Chief Executive, Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole Council Invited
Mike Newall, Chief Executive, South Ayrshire Council, Scotland
Kevin Kelly, Chief Executive, Mayo County Council, Ireland Invited
About Global Local Executive Panels
At LGIU, we are exploring new ways of bringing our members high-level insights from councils across the world on how local government is dealing with key global issues.
The Global Local Executive Panel Series aim to bring together executive speakers from local government across the countries we work in and beyond to share solutions they’ve found to critical challenges faced worldwide. These sessions bring together senior executives from international councils to share ideas, compare approaches and explore learning opportunities.
LGIU is thrilled to gather together senior executives from Ireland, the UK and Australia to explore these timely issues!