At LGIU, we are committed to bringing our members high-level insights from councils across the world on how local government is dealing with key global issues.
The Global Local Executive Panel Series aims to bring together executive speakers from local government across the countries we work in and beyond to share solutions they’ve found to critical challenges faced worldwide. These sessions bring together senior executives from international councils to share ideas, compare approaches and explore learning opportunities.
LGIU and the Victorian Local Government Association (VLGA) are thrilled to gather together Chief Executives from Ireland, the UK and Australia to explore the long-term financial sustainability and stability of local government.
Key areas of exploration
- How to plan for costs you aren’t now aware of
- How to plan a long-term budget given the current economic landscape
- How to allocate funds in a cost-of-living crisis or recession
- How to make a 4-year plan when it’s difficult to forecast the next six months.
- Council decision-making in the post-pandemic era