David Marlow the author of our recent briefing, Local authorities and economic development in 2013 – can local dynamism counter a national low growth economy? will present a free webinar for LGiU members.
The briefing provided a broad overview of government’s approach to local economic development (LED) and its implications for local authorities in 2013/14 and beyond. Topics discussed included:
- Government’s own ‘mid-term review’ of LED developments and priorities for the remainder of this parliament
- The recently published sub-national economic data
- LEPs, city deals, and the Heseltine proposals for enhanced devolution and decentralisation
- Options for financing and resourcing LED interventions
- How local authorities engage with and influence key stakeholders and role players in local growth
- The major considerations and a checklist of ‘big ticket’ items that will face local authorities during 2013/14 in the growth and development arenas
The webinar will give participants an opportunity to hear directly from the author about the issues and there will be the chance to ask questions.
This free event is only open to LGiU members. Places must be booked by clicking on the link above. You will be sent a link to join the webinar closer to the time.
Please make sure you have access to fast reliable internet (preferably broadband). You are also advised to have a pair of headphones to ensure you can hear the event clearly.