The session is ideal for delegates who want to learn how to stand their ground gracefully and who want to feel more in control of their own destiny.
Whilst the workshop focusses on some of the underpinning theories around assertion, the session also introduces practical strategies which will enable participants to develop and improve relationships at work.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Recognise assertive and non-assertive behaviours
- Explain how behavioural patterns develop
- Demonstrate confidence through choice of language, tone and non-verbal behaviour
- Manage positive and critical feedback.
Delegates will receive a copy of a workbook plus PowerPoint slides from the session.
Welcome (10 mins)
- Overview of session and programme and personal objectives
What is Assertiveness? (25 mins)
- Defining behaviours
- Why we have the behaviours that we have
- Defining different behaviours
Language, Non-Verbal Behaviour and Tonality (40 mins)
- Learning assertiveness language patterns
- Non-verbal behaviour and confident body language
- Voice and tonality
Learning new behaviours (35 mins)
- Asking for what you want
- Managing praise and criticism
- How to stand your ground
Session summary (10 mins)
- Feedback and review
- Evaluation and close.