This 75-minute session has been developed to provide participants with an introduction to mental health.
Practical and interactive in tone, the programme covers:
- An explanation of mental health
- The factors which influence mental health
- Causes of mental disorders
- An introduction to some of the most commonly diagnosed mental health disorders.
Full handouts are provided, together with copies of the PowerPoint Slides.
Welcome (5 mins)
Programme objectives and overview
An Introduction to Mental Health (15 mins)
- Defining mental health
- Influences and causes of mental health disorders
- Statistics and facts
An Introduction to Mental Health Disorders (50 mins)
- Depression, anxiety, bi-polar affective disorder, schizophrenia and self-harm
- Main treatments and support which is available
Programme review (5 mins)
- Key learning points
- Feedback and evaluation