This programme has been written for Councillors who are skilled and experienced in public speaking and who would like to develop their abilities even further.
Featuring more advanced techniques, the programme concentrates on making a positive personal impact; the use of sophisticated language and projecting a confident and authentic message.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Plan and structure speeches
- Introduce another speaker using TIS
- Identify different audience communication predicates
- Use sophisticated language patterns
- Manage difficult questions confidently and assertively
- Demonstrate confidence through voice and non-verbal behaviour.
10.00 am Registration & Refreshments
10.30 am Welcome
- Programme objectives and overview
- Personal introductions and aims
10.45 am Getting Started
- Clarifying speech/presentation purpose
- Organising information
- INTRO – how to introduce your speech
- TIS – how to introduce another speaker
- Practise sessions and review
11.45 am Advanced Public Speaking
- Understanding communication predicates
- Language and pre-suppositions
- Voice and tonality
- Confident non-verbal behaviour
1.00 pm Lunch
1.40 pm Practise Sessions
- Opportunity for delegates to practise in a safe, fun environment
- Feedback and review
3.00 pm Review
- Programme evaluation
- Key learning points
3.30 pm Close.