The deadline for nominations for the 2012 C’llr Achievement Awards is fast-approaching, but there is still time to put in an entry.
The following 11 different awards will be up for grabs at the 2012 ceremony:
- Age UK Pride of Place Award – New for 2012
- Bruce-Lockhart Member Scholarship (with £10,000 bursary) – New for 2012
- CCLA Award for Outstanding Contribution to Financial Performance
- Community Champion of the Year
- Judges’ Special Award for Contribution to Local Government – New for 2012
- Leader of the Year
- Online Councillor of the Year
- Partnership Achievement of the Year
- Scrutineer of the Year
- Sustainability Champion of the Year
- Young Councillor of the Year
It is free to enter the 2012 awards, anybody can nominate a councillor, and the closing date is now set for 5pm on Friday 13th January, 2012.
As a point of clarification – in response to some recent queries – individuals are free to nominate as many councillors, in as many different categories as they wish.
What’s more, it only takes 15 minutes to complete one of our streamlined nomination forms, so if you read this blog as it’s posted then you still have time to nominate 104 councillors before the deadline.
The winners in each category will be announced at a ceremony in Westminster City Hall during the last week of February, 2012. Several high profile speakers are expected to attend, including Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government Eric Pickles (confirmed).
For further details on the different awards and the new streamlined nomination process please visit the C’llr Awards section of our website, or contacts us at firstname.lastname@example.org.