The Champion for Education award celebrates councillors who have guaranteed that everybody has access to high-quality education. This can include championing adult education, providing new learning opportunities that have previously been unavailable, or ensuring that no one gets left behind.
The winner of this award will have:
- worked with educational bodies and the council to enable high-quality education;
- listened to the needs of their local community to introduce new opportunities for learning;
- thought creatively to introduce educational approaches that are tailored to suit different needs.
Successful submissions should:
- provide clear examples of work or projects they have carried out;
- provide evidence of positive outcomes that have been achieved as a result of their efforts or evidence of the projected positive impact.