* The Queen has set out the Government’s legislative programme for the 2014/15 Parliamentary session.
* The Programme includes 11 new Bills, including ones on small business and enterprise, infrastructure, pensions, childcare, modern slavery, serious crime and the recall of MPs.
* Three draft bills promised are for pre-legislative scrutiny on the governance of national parks, compensation for riot damage and charities.
* Six existing bills will be carrying over to the new session including ones on: providing a new consumer rights framework (impacting on trading standards), a wide-ranging deregulation bill (which impacts on local government interests in planning, the environment, housing and transport) and a criminal justice and courts bill.
* This briefing will be of interest to all executive members, cabinet portfolio members and senior officers.
Please sign in to read this content
This content is exclusively for LGIU members. If you are a councillor or employee at a council or organisation that holds an LGIU membership then you are a member. If you have signed up on the website already then please login to your account to read this page. If you don’t have a website account yet then set one up now.Sign in or set up an account