Being an effective manager
This online training provides clarity on your role as a manager — including your work style and approach.
The course looked at:
- Learn to balance the requirements of being a manager among other demands
- Consider task, team and individual requirements
- Use the Situational Leadership model
- Understand your preferences and management drivers.
Course Notes Management Fundamentals Day 1 – Word version
Course Notes Management Fundamentals Day 1 – PDF version
PERSONAL LEARNING LOG Word version
Personal Learning Log Excel version
- The Fifth Discipline and the Dance of Change – Peter Senge
- Beyond Certainty – Charles Handy
- Learning into the Future – George Binney and Colin Williamson
- Build it… The Rebel Playbook for World-Class Employee Engagement – Glenn Elliot and Debra Corey
- The Speed of Trust – Stephen M R Covey.
- The one-minute Manager series (meets the monkey, new manager and leadership) – Kenneth Blanchard.
Want to learn more about management fundamentals? Register on our next two sessions that look at:
Our management training is part of our Build your own curriculum, which includes training on:
- communication essentials
Pick and mix any three courses from our build-your-own curriculum and get an LGIU certificate.
Did you know that we can tailor a training session just for your organisation? Check out our in-house training programme for the customisable courses we can bring your team or elected members.
Sign-up to the LGIU
to find out more on local government within the UK and around the world.